Monday, January 5, 2009


On Monday we left by train from Bangkok to Borabu. The other trains were getting washed but our train stayed dirty and we had a hard time seeing out the windows. But, what we did see was very interesting. We saw many people working in the fields and many new processing plants north of Bangkok. We met a 3 year old girl on the train that Kaelyn made friends with. Kaelyn gave her a page to color and crayons. It was adorable to see the girl say thank you by bowing her head with her hands pressed together. Latter we tried to have her play with Kaelyn's doll but she would not. I showed her how the eyes open and close and I don't think she had ever seen something like that and would not touch it.
Pat was at the train station to greet us and we went to his house. We spread out on the floor and got all the school kit supplies out. We put the bags together with the items we have. We will get notebooks latter. In the picture with Aaron and Kaelyn is Fa the daughter of Jip who is a member of the church. I inflated a soccer ball and the kids all rolled it around the floor.
On Tuesday we will go to visit a school where we will teach and familiarize ourselves with the area.

3 comments:

Brent said...

Happy Birthday Gary. Thanks for the posts.

Berdine said...

Happy Birthday, Gary. I hope you received my e-card. Hi Aaron and Kaelyn. Your pictures are great!

Ron Goertzen said...

Today's Inauguration Day---I just enjoyed getting caught up on your family posts. I can only imagine the affect this experience will have on you as a family. Your courage is an inspairation! Blessings to you as you wrap up and head back this direction.